After being diagnosed with Celiac I did miss a few things. I missed Bunny bread of all things and Little Debbie snack cakes. Looking at those, they’re pretty pitiful things to miss. But one thing that I still miss is the taste of a good slice of New York style pizza, you know, the type that a slice is the size of your head, you can fold in half and the grease drips off on your new shirt but you’re still excited to be eating it. Unfortunately gluten free pizza is still not all the way there, but all is not lost! Gluten free pizza is getting better and has been on the rise in Nashville with new restaurants popping up every month.
Here’s a list of the top places in Nashville with gluten free pizza available:
- AMOT EATERY: A Matter of Taste: With a dedicated gluten free kitchen, AMOT offers a Margherita Pizza that you can add a number of topping to along with enjoying with a gluten free beer!
- Mafiaoza’s – In the 12 South district. Awesome gluten free pizza and they normally have Estrella Damn Daura in stock which makes it even better!
- Pie Five Pizza – Located in Donelson, personal sized pizzas in just a few minutes.
- Pizza Perfect – Two locations, one by Vandy and one in Bellvue. Gluten free pizza and gluten free beer! Ommission is on the menu and they do 2-4-1’s on Monday!
- Mellow Mushroom – Gluten free pizza with Omission gluten free beer. Near Vandy and in Murfreesboro and Franklin.
- California Pizza Kitchen – In Green Hills in the H.G. Hills Center by Whole Foods.
- Italia Pizza and Pasta – Located in East Nashville down from little fice points.
- Porta Via – In Cool Springs and White Bridge Road.
- Brixx Wood Fired Pizza – In Franklin and Hendersonville.
- Sicilian Pizza and Pasta – On Church Street and in Donelson and they also deliver!
- Fletcher’s Pizza – Located in Donelson.
- NYNY Pizza – In Mt. Juliet.
- Matteo’s Pizzeria – Cool Springs.
- Brick’s Cafe – Franklin, Brentwood & Nashville.
Got a favorite place that’s not on the list? Let us know!