After being diagnosed with Celiac I did miss a few things. I missed Bunny bread of all things and Little Debbie snack cakes. In hind site, pretty pitiful things to miss. But one thing that I still miss is the taste of a good slice of New York style pizza, you know, the type that is the size of your head and you can fold in half. Unfortunately, I still miss it. But, all is not lost! Gluten free pizza has been on the rise in Nashville with new restaurants popping up every month.
Here’s a list of the top places in Nashville with gluten free pizza available:
- Mafiaoza’s – In the 12 South district. Awesome gluten free pizza and rhey normally have Estrella Damn Daura in stock which makes it even better!
- Pie Five Pizza – Located in Donelson, personal sized pizzas.
- Pizza Perfect – Two locations, one by Vandy and one in Bellvue. Gluten free pizza and gluten free beer! Ommission is on the menu. MmmMmm!
- Mellow Mushroom – Gluten free pizza with Omission gluten free beer. Near Vandy and in Murfreesboro and Franklin.
- California Pizza Kitchen – In Green Hills in the H.G. Hills Center
- Italia Pizza and Pasta – Located in East Nashville
- Porta Via – In Cool Springs and White Bridge Road
- Brixx Wood Fired Pizza – In Franklin and Hendersonville
- Sicilian Pizza and Pasta – On Church Street and Donelson – and they deliver!
- Fletcher’s Pizza – Located in Donelson
- NYNY Pizza – In Mt. Juliet
- Matteo’s Pizzeria – Cool Springs
Got a favorite place that’s not on the list? Let us know!