The weekend comes, you have friends visiting town or you are visiting Nashville. Either way, It’s time for brunch! Our favorite meal where no one judges you for eating lunch early or breakfast late and the wait staff is not trying to rush you out the door to seat another table. Below are some of our favorite gluten free brunch places in Nashville. Enjoy!
- AMOT EATERY: A Matter of Taste: Completely gluten free brunch menu featuring gluten free French toast, pancakes and homemade gluten free buttermilk biscuits. Did you hear that??? Gluten free free French toast! They also have a great gluten free bar selection.
- Acme Feed and Seed: A dedicated gluten free brunch menu, gluten free beer and live music. What more could you want from a gluten free brunch in Nashville?
- Darfon’s: In Donelson, they have a great brunch on Saturdays (sorry, they’re not open Sundays) and they have happy hour all day long!
- Mad Donna’s: Located in East Nashville, Mad Donna’s offers up a great gluten free brunch, gluten free bread and a house made gluten free bloody mary mix and bloody mary bar.
- Marché Artisan Foods: French food, brunch, gluten free beer and gluten free food options… what more could you want?
- M.L. Rose: Burgers, breakfast bowls and gluten free beer. Not your typical brunch but it works!
What’s your favorite gluten free brunch place?
January 24, 2015 | glutenfreegeek
BBQ, Bar-B-Que, we’re not here to debate how to spell it, we’re here to talk gluten free. Luckily, either way you want to spell it, Bar-B-Que is normally gluten free. Well… except the sandwhich buns, but you already knew that. In Nashville we take a lot of things seriously, music, drinks and especially Bar-B-Que! We were even voted best Bar-B-Que in the country due to our unique locations and blending the best of Bar-B-Que from around the country. Below is a list of some of the gluten free Bar-B-Que restaraunts in the Nashville area:
See all of our Nashville gluten free bar-b-que listing >>
Don’t see your favorite place listed? That’s OK, share it with us!
July 13, 2014 | glutenfreegeek
Every time we try to make plans with friends to go out to dinner everyone thinks Italian food is off the table. While this is a huge problem when you are looking at big chain restaurants like Olive Garden, it’s not the case overall. Over the past few years there has been a plethora of gluten free pastas coming out and with that, many restaurants are now carrying them and offering them up as options.
Here’s a list of Gluten Free Italian Restaurants in Nashville:
- Mafiaoza’s – Gluten free options available including gluten free pizza and beer.
- Porta Via – 2 locations both with dedicated gluten free menus including pasta and pizza.
- Sole Mio – Downtown on 3rd avenue. No dedicated gluten free menu but staff is very helpful with options.
- Mirko Pasta – 2 locations, both with dedicated gluten free menus.
- Pomodoro East – No dedicated gluten free menus but lots of options.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory – Downtown on 2nd avenue with dedicated gluten free menu for pasta and other items.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill – 4 locations, all with dedicated gluten free menus.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill – 2 locations both with dedicated gluten free menus.
- Amerigo’s – 2 locations both with dedicated gluten free menus.
- Italia Pizza and Pasta – Gluten free pizza and pasta available.
- Mangia Nashville – New York family-style Italian dining experience every Friday @ 7:00 pm and Saturday @ 6:00 PM
July 4, 2014 | glutenfreegeek
We’ve all been there. The excitement when you see a menu and go hey, they have gluten free pizza or they have gluten free buns for a burger. The next thought you have is "man… I’d really like to have a beer with that!" and then you look at the menu only to be disappointed. Really? You went so far as to have a gluten free menu, gluten free bread, gluten free pizza but you didn’t add just one of the many gluten free beers now available? We’re not asking for an assortment, just keeping one 6-pack in the back would do. And no… Ciders do not count!
Here’s a list of places in Nashville that won’t let you down and have gluten free beer available:
Got a favorite place that’s not on the list? Let us know!
July 2, 2014 | glutenfreegeek
After being diagnosed with Celiac I did miss a few things. I missed Bunny bread of all things and Little Debbie snack cakes. Looking at those, they’re pretty pitiful things to miss. But one thing that I still miss is the taste of a good slice of New York style pizza, you know, the type that a slice is the size of your head, you can fold in half and the grease drips off on your new shirt but you’re still excited to be eating it. Unfortunately gluten free pizza is still not all the way there, but all is not lost! Gluten free pizza is getting better and has been on the rise in Nashville with new restaurants popping up every month.
Here’s a list of the top places in Nashville with gluten free pizza available:
- AMOT EATERY: A Matter of Taste: With a dedicated gluten free kitchen, AMOT offers a Margherita Pizza that you can add a number of topping to along with enjoying with a gluten free beer!
- Mafiaoza’s – In the 12 South district. Awesome gluten free pizza and they normally have Estrella Damn Daura in stock which makes it even better!
- Pie Five Pizza – Located in Donelson, personal sized pizzas in just a few minutes.
- Pizza Perfect – Two locations, one by Vandy and one in Bellvue. Gluten free pizza and gluten free beer! Ommission is on the menu and they do 2-4-1’s on Monday!
- Mellow Mushroom – Gluten free pizza with Omission gluten free beer. Near Vandy and in Murfreesboro and Franklin.
- California Pizza Kitchen – In Green Hills in the H.G. Hills Center by Whole Foods.
- Italia Pizza and Pasta – Located in East Nashville down from little fice points.
- Porta Via – In Cool Springs and White Bridge Road.
- Brixx Wood Fired Pizza – In Franklin and Hendersonville.
- Sicilian Pizza and Pasta – On Church Street and in Donelson and they also deliver!
- Fletcher’s Pizza – Located in Donelson.
- NYNY Pizza – In Mt. Juliet.
- Matteo’s Pizzeria – Cool Springs.
- Brick’s Cafe – Franklin, Brentwood & Nashville.
Got a favorite place that’s not on the list? Let us know!
June 3, 2014 | glutenfreegeek
After being diagnosed with Celiac one of the most frustrating things to me was not be able to just pick up a sandwich somewhere when I wanted it or needed to have something easy to eat. When I first started trying gluten free bread, it was horrible. It only made me miss real bread even more. Now that there are more choices, it’s gotten a lot better and more restaurants are starting to carry it. Here’s a list of our favorite places to get a gluten free sandwich in Nashville, TN.
- AMOT EATERY: A Matter of Taste: They prepare freshly made sandwiches, salads, soups, sweet treats and daily specials.
- Jason’s Deli: Locations on West End and Franklin, they’ve got a lot of gluten free sandwiches available along with other items
- Madd Donna’s: Bitchin’ burgers and sandwiches (their words, not ours) all sandwiches can be made gluten free and they have a great brunch with a build your own bloody mary (also gluten free!) and 2 for 1 mimosa’s.
- Margaritaville Nashville: Burgers and sandwiches all available on gluten free bread. FYI, they also have gluten free beer!
- SLOCO: Located in the 12 South neighborhood of Nashville, this sandwich shop serves local and sustainable sandwiches at affordable prices and gluten free!
- Burger Up: Great burgers with a gluten free bun and gluten free beer available.
Let us know if we missed anything here!
March 22, 2014 | glutenfreegeek